Less than a month!  

Posted by Margaret

Well, I'm back in Oregon. The drive was really long! We left my dad's house at nine, stopped at the grocery store for some snacks, then headed to the Burbank airport to pick up my step-dad. He didn't want my little brother and I to drive up alone, so he flew down to help. We got started right away and got into San Francisco around 6:30pm. We checked into our hotel and headed to Pier 39 for some food. We had clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls and it was delicious! Then we went to Ghiradelli Square to get some chocolate. We also drove through downtown to the consulate to see where it was for the next morning.

We woke up at 7:30, ate breakfast, and left the hotel by 8:30. I got to my appointment early and had to wait while they processed the people in front of me. The woman was really nice and she had an Irish accent which I thought was really odd. Everything was in order, but she told me that I had to fax them my bank statements from the past three months as soon as possible. She took my passport, and now I just have to wait two weeks for them to process everything and FedEx my passport back to me, hopefully with my visa. As soon as I was done at the consulate office, we started to drive back up. It took a long time but it wasn't too bad. We finally got home at about 10:00pm.

I can't believe that I'm leaving in less than a month. I'm definitely getting nervous about it. More nervous than I care to admit. I need to figure out what I need to buy, what I need to bring, how I'm going to pack, how I'm going to get to the Foyer, how I'm going to get through registration at the Sorbonne. But, everything I needed to do before I can actually leave the country is done! So at least I'm well on my way.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at Tuesday, July 20, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment